Below is a list of books I love and have read (in many cases re-read.) Some have shaken my world and some have just provided an escape. Some are just fun or interesting. All have (or will have) blurblings hyperlinked to this page. Please check back for updates. Oh, and feel free to contribute!
- The Master and Margarita (Russian: Ма́стер и Маргари́та) by Mikhail Bulgakov.
- Anything by Douglas Adams. And let me know if you have solved the conundrum with the sofa without looking at the solution at the back. You will be my new hero.
The Thousand Autumns of Jacob de Zoet by David Mitchell.
- Grimm’s Tales by… well, you get the idea.
- Happiness by Darren Brown. Read it before you judge me.
- Only Ever Yours by Louise O’Neill.
- The Highway Code. No I am not joking.
- Still Life With Woodpecker by Tom Robbins.
- Death and The Penguin by Andrey Kurkov.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.
- Animal by Sara Pascoe. The best books clarify what you already started to think. This is one of those.
- Get It Together by Zoe Williams.
- The Antidote by Oliver Burkeman.
- V for Vendetta by Alan Moore, illustrated by David Lloyd.
- Born Standing Up by Steve Martin.
- A Greedy Man in a Hungry World by Jay Rayner.
- Seconds by Bryan Lee O’Malley.
- Agatha Christie.
- Conan Doyle.
- Terry Pratchett.
- The Handmaids Tale.
- A Series of Unfortunate Events.
- The Last Battle.
- The Hobbit.
- Harry Potter.
2 Comments Add yours